(AP) President Donald Trump said he is holding off on a planned military strike on Iran for Tuesday at the request of several allies in the Middle East because “serious negotiations” are underway. The Monday social media announcement comes a day after Trump warned Tehran the “clock is ticking” to strike a deal, his latest threat to end the ceasefire struck in mid-April. Trump didn’t offer details about the planned attack but said he instructed the U.S. military to be prepared for a possible “full, large-scale assault of Iran.”
Earlier in the day, world shares mostly retreated and oil prices jumped after Trump warned Tehran that the “clock is ticking” as U.S.-Iran negotiations over a permanent end to the war stall. U.S. futures fell and markets in Japan and South Korea pulled back from their records.
Meanwhile, the Trump administration on Monday said it's creating a $1.7 billion fund to compensate prosecuted allies of the Republican president after he moved to drop his $10 billion lawsuit against the Internal Revenue Service.
The “Anti-Weaponization Fund” was announced by the Justice Department as part of a deal to resolve President Donald Trump’s case over the leak of his tax returns. Democrats and government watchdogs immediately pledged to fight the arrangement.
Here's the latest: https://www.wkyc.com/article/syndication/associatedpress/the-latest-world-shares-and-oil-prices-react-to-trumps-warning-to-tehran-over-stalled-negotiations/616-fae85509-6917-4a97-8af6-1cf98402b01e
At 3News, we’re here to share the stories that matter most to you. Share your ideas, thoughts, concerns and engage in conversations about the communities in which we all call home.
Follow 3News on Social:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wkyc.channel3/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/wkyc
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/wkyc3/
Visit our site: https://www.wkyc.com/
And be sure to download our app here: https://wkyc.com/app
Дата на публикация: 19 май, 2026
Категория:
Друго